- Are you looking for change?
- Are you Passionate about helping other developers?
- Are you ready to go extra mile and do whatever it takes to solve highly complex issues?
- Have you ever dreamed of working at Microsoft?
- Are you ready to experience entirely different world at work?
- Are you an expert programmer?
- Are you ready to work during evening / night shifts?
Want to get an idea about what we do? Take a look here.
More information about the Position is as follows,
Developer Support Professional
Developer Support group helps Developers from North America (be it a dev from companies like Ford, Google, Amazon, Adobe etc. or a Developer from an ISV) with their development related issues. This specific opportunity is in Distributed Services team which handles lots of complex technologies used mostly by Enterprise Customers.
Represent Microsoft while communicating with MS's customers (including Corporates, ISVs) via phone, emails, or desktop sharing program in order to find solutions for technically complex problems identified in either Microsoft Products or Customer developed code. Solve highly complex level of problems, involving broad, in-depth platform/product/OS knowledge. Mostly, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill. Candidate will be responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with these customers. May have to ramp up on new platforms developed by Microsoft as and when business need arises.
Work on complex customer issues spanning across different products & technologies by working with various internal resources from different teams. Collaborate with Technical Leads and Escalation resources when appropriate. Report software bugs and customer suggestions back to the Microsoft Product Group.
Use trace analysis, source code, and other debugging tools to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; may have to get involved in writing code for customer. Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
- Very good communication skills (both written and spoken english). Prior experience in working with US customer is a plus.
- Proven customer interaction skills.
- Good grasping power, should be adaptive to situations.
- Team Player, excellent collaboration skills across team and clusters.
- Should be proactive, taking self-initiative for opportunities floating around.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- 3+ years of experience in C++ programming
- Proven experience in development and debugging of COM && DCOM components on windows
- Proven experience in developing/maintaining/debugging enterprise COM+ components
- Experience in .NET COM Interop (Using COM component from .NET code and v/s)
- .NET Remoting knowledge would be considered added advantage. (If not, candidate will have to prepare for it)
- WinDbg (debugging tools) knowledge would be added advantage. (If not, will be provided training)
- Bachelor degree in CS/EC or equivalent (Masters would be considered a plus)
- Microsoft Certification (Developer Track) would be added advantage
Do you have the caliber to work with the smartest minds? Don't loose this chance! Write me now and we will talk.