June 9, 2007

Chennai trip was awesome!

As you might know (from my previous post..), I had been to chennai this Friday. The trip was awesome. Many things happened.

  • I flied in KingFisher and it was mixed experience. I would rather prefer to fly in Spicejet than kingfisher. I did not feel it like "the most voted people's favorite" airline. Air Hostesses are really awesome, but I really dont care. Food was not so good, and while coming back, I think pilot got a deep sleep, the plane was so unstable that one passenger (lady) was so afraid she was crying infront of everybody along with her 6 months child. We were observing 50 feet jumps every now and then, I have flied in spice jet and even air deccan 10 times now, but never observed that. No matter how much money you take, I need better flying experience and NOT those half nude air-hostess (just like ROBO!! Welcome sir, sure sir, have a nice *** sir...). And even the returning flight was 20 minutes delayed. (I was thinking kingfisher has good management and delays happens only to airdeccan, but its not true!) Perhaps this was my first and last kingfisher travel. Next time I would like to test Jet Air.
  • After reaching Chennai, Innova was available for disposal. It was already 11:40 so, I directly took it to Consulate. God! Chennai is really hot. Bangalore temperature was 25 degree c. where as chennai was 34 yesterday. But I had AC car, so, it did not matter much.
  • At visa consulate, I waited for around 3 hours. Their management really sucks! People are waiting just for VISA interview!! People sit there doing nothing (absolutely nothing!) I wish I could have gone with a book.. I would have completed significant amount of things. But alas! their security dont allow you to take anything except visa related things inside.
  • I saw one family who came for visa, the husband had paralysis and they wanted to go to US for his medical treatment. The treatment might take around 15 lakh, the consulate officer asked where is the bank statement and lady (that guy's wife) gave partnership firm's bank statement saying we have family partnership firm where we have 50 lakh balance from which we will be paying. Their visa were rejected beacuse they did not have that much money in their personal account.. It was painful seeing.. They will have to apply again after giving just a transfer entry to their account! I also saw many other rejections of VISA.
  • Anyways, I got the VISA. Was asked very simple questions like whats the job role, how long have you been with MS and why you want to go to US. After brief answers, she told "Go Home, Mr. Mehta, we will send you the VISA.. my passport is with them, they will stamp it and send it to my postal address.)
  • I hated thing that people have to give interview while standing, the consulate offers are sitting on the other side of window (its like railway ticket queue where officer has a cabin and a mike, you are standing outside!!) I felt like on this side everybody is a beggar!! lol..
  • After completing of my visa interview, it was around 2:30. So, asked driver what are "Good things" at chennai which people come here to see? He gave me a round of chennai showing famous places! (I have taken few photographs, will upload shortly, and share them!)
  • Then I went to country famous, Chennai Beach. I would say I had seen beach for the second time in my life (first time was when i was in school, and dont remember it properly now!)
  • I liked that so much that I just sat there [[Alone]] for one and half hour. Was missing my close people so much there that gave them a call and talked to them from beach! My mom was able to hear the ocean wave sounds. Regarding the ocean, one magnificent view was from the plane. We were entirely on the sea.. Down there, there was no building, no land, only sea sea and sea. I dint have camera with me at that time, otherwise that photo would have been awesome.
  • After sea shore, I went to restaurant for lunch and found one of the most famous chennai restaurant (they have small but yet very good restaurant whose branches are at US, UK, UAE, Singapore, Malaysia) They serve fast food and mainly cakes, pastries, cream items.. Had some of the famous items there and they were really awesome! (very expensive but it satisfied me!)
  • After that, I still had time to catch flight so, told driver to take to some jewellary showroom. I heard somewhere that chennai is famous for its jewellary. And we reached "Mehta Jewellers". Asked them for a neckless (I wanted to buy something in American diamonds) and he showed me neckless with american diamonds worth 36000 rs. I came out of the showroom Batting Eyelashes
  • Then directly to airport and back to Bangalore after those heavy shocks in plane!
  • It was a long working day.. But one achievement, that I got my B1.

Stay tuned.. Wave