June 16, 2007

Just got RAM upgraded..

Yes, I just got my office machine's RAM upgraded. So, one of my machine is now,

  • 64 bit Architecture
  • Dual processor
  • both processors Core2 Duo - 1.87 GHz
  • 4.0 GB RAM (Previously it was 2 GB)
  • Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition.

And good news is, Now machine is running so smooth even after loading my environment fully (where I have following items running almost all the times...

  • 2-3 visual studio 2005 IDE
  • one Windows XP Virtual Machine running with Visual Studio 2008 (orcas) on it
  • IE
  • Firefox
  • Safari
    • [I mostly have all browsers running, i use different browser for different purposes]
  • two Remote logon to my other lab machines
  • Outlook 2007
  • Yahoo Msgr (2 instance)
  • Google Talk
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • Office Communicator
  • RegCrawler
  • WinPatrol
  • Synergy
  • Google Desktop
  • Windows Desktop Search
  • at-least 7-8 windows explorer window
  • Office Application (mostly Word)
  • JetAudio
  • Wakoopa.

I might be missing some applications which I am running but these are almost all mostly used and running application on my machine.

RAM really matters, life is more easier now!

BTW, I already have a lab machine (for one customer case where machine has IA64 architecture with 12 GB RAM, because I have to create AD environment there so, I have four virtual machines running there.. One is primary domain controller and other three client virtual machines.)

Stay tuned.. Wave