September 14, 2007

Take care before using Google Documents and Spreadsheet service..

I did not read the Google Document's Terms and Condition before using it, thinking "Do no evil.." is what they really mean!!!

But, I just came to know about this..

"By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through Google services which are intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant Google a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, adapt, modify, publish and distribute such content on Google services for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting Google services."

Does that mean, I am using Google Doc to save one document which has content of my PHD thesis which I have not yet submitted to university, Google can use that document and "reproduce" it to somebody else!! ???

I will surely think twice before storing any documents with google now! As of now, my Google document store is empty.. Next time when I get some spare time, I am going to read GMail's Terms and Condition!!

Stay tuned.. Wave