June 28, 2008

How do I.. create my blog with my own domain name for free?

It was before few days, when I got an email from Hyperwebenable.com that they have been watching my blog for some time and would like to offer me a free domain name (.com/.org/.net/.info anything) that I would like and host it on their servers. They would show two banner ads on all pages that I show in exchange of that..

I went ahead with the offer and just got http://jigar-mehta.com

I am still in the process of setting it up and their administrator is working with me to allow me setup everything I want (Right now, I am enabling google talk/jabber chatting on that domain with email and calendar through google apps). Once I am fully done with new domain, thinking to transfer to the new domain! (though, for some time, I will continue cross posting..)

If you want to get your own domain name for your blog, go ahead and tell them about your blog..
http://tinyurl.com/3rryao

Shifting the blog got me in touch with Wordpress once again (my domain blog is wordpress based).. I feel like, wordpress is much more better than blogger! But anyways, blogger has got some pros too!

PS: Though they have not yet enabled advertisements on my blog but I guess they will do that in future!

Stay tuned.. Wave