Bil Simser posted a very nice article on his blog about more than 500 Metro Style Windows Phone 7 icons, it’s a very nice collection. But the main problem with those icons is, they are in black color. You might already know that icons for Windows Phone 7 need to be white colored icons. So, I took the original PNG icons and converted them to White color. Below is the preview of all the icons (You may see the preview of icons with black fill, but the icons in the package has white fill in it and it works with Windows Phone 7 application for both light and dark themes – I have tried some of them personally). Also, Notice all the icons have transparent background and ready to be included in your project!
For developer’s convenience, I have created different sized icons from the source because there are different resolution icons needed for different purposes. More information here.
- Download the Application Bar Icons here (If you want to use the icon on your application bar / inside the UI) – They should fit fine in 48x48 application bar icon.
- Download Application icons here (Which will be shown on the application list on WP7) – They are 62x62 resolution.
- Download icons for App Marketplace here (Which are different sized icons shown on the application marketplace search results, you will need them when you submit your application to marketplace) – They are 99x99 resolution.
- Download Application Tile icons here (Which will be shown if user pins your application to Start) – They are 173x173 resolution.
- Download high resolution icons here (In case if you want to resize the high resolution icon yourself, this package contains them) – They are 255x255 resolution and white fill.
- If you want icons with Black fill for any reasons, download them here (They are also high res 255x255).
Few more places around the web where you can find more icons.