May 23, 2011

How to convert summarized RSS feeds into full text RSS feed?

Do you also feel annoyed by summarized RSS feeds where you have to go to actual website in order to read entire article? I hate it when I have to break my reading session by going to their website. In the past, I used to create Yahoo Pipe that iterates through all the RSS Items, fetch the destination URL and replaces summarized content with full page content but that’s a lot of work and when the destination site changes their page layout, Pipe breaks and I have to change it. So, its high maintenance way. I was always looking for a simpler way and recently came across this awesome site called, “Full Text RSS feed builder”.

Its very simple to convert Full Text RSS Feed using this service.

  • Go to http://fulltextrssfeed.com/
  • Enter the URL in the given box (This URL can be any RSS feed URL which has feed items as summary items) and click on Submit.

image

  • On the next page, you will be able to preview the full text RSS feed and edit box on that page will be the RSS feed URL which you should subscribe to in your favorite RSS reader (Google Reader is my favorite)

Awesome service and best of all totally free!