May 12, 2011

Trunk.ly – Just another bookmarking service? Not really

I’ve always been fascinated with bookmarking services. Be it delicious, mento, Digg or Google bookmarks. Recently I learned about Trunk.ly. Whats good in this yet another bookmarking service? Well, exactly what I was looking for.

I was looking for something which sweeps through all my social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader, Blog) and captures all the links I share on all of them, apart from that whenever I want to save one-off page while surfing the internet, it should let me enter that too into Bookmarking system very easily.  So that, in future, if I want to search for anything, I have one place to go to! When I found Trunk.ly, after going through all the features, I was wondering if the developers of the site read my mind and created the service to do exactly what I wanted!!

Anyways, I’ve been using it from almost a month now and have more than 3200 bookmarks in the system. The developers are also in the initial stage of system development so, they are pretty responsive to any feature request (best for me, I always love it!)

Go to http://Trunk.ly and create your account. Once you log into your account, you’ll be able to setup links to your social media accounts from where the service will periodically poll for new data and import any new links, isn’t that amazing? Five stars!

Enjoy!