Reading angela's blog and found a very interesting post!
I wanted to share this article that Frank found and passed along to me. I was stunned by these statistics! How does it make me feel to work for a company that is truly THIS successful? It was a reality check for me and put things into a perspective that I didn't have before. How would you feel if you were a part of all this success? This is proof that Microsoft is definitely alive and kicking!
10 Reinvigorating Facts About Microsoft's Profits
Joe Panettieri: I have written extensively about Microsoft's (NasdaqGS: MSFT) problems. But last week, I got a stunning reminder about the company's power. It takes Microsoft only 10 hours of business to exceed Red Hat's entire quarterly profit. Skeptical? Check out the math, and nine other facts about Microsoft's most recent earnings report.
Microsoft last week announced quarterly revenue of $14.4 billion and net income of $4.93 billion. In other words, Microsoft's daily net income is about $55 million. That's $55 million in pure profit every 24 hours. Do some quick math and you'll learn it takes Microsoft only about...
- 10 hours or so (yes, hours!) to exceed Red Hat's (NYSE: RHT - News) quarterly net income of $20.5 million.
- Four days to exceed Research In Motion's (NasdaqGS: RIMM) quarterly net income of $187.9 million.
- Four days to exceed Starbucks' (NasdaqGS: SBUX) quarterly net income of $205 million.
- One week to exceed Nike's (NYSE: NKE - News) quarterly net income of $350.8 million.
- Two weeks to exceed McDonalds' (NYSE: MCD - News) quarterly net income of $762 million.
- Two weeks to exceed Apple's (NasdaqGS: AAPL) quarterly net income of $770 million.
- 18 days to exceed Google's (NasdaqGS: GOOG) quarterly net income of $1 billion.
- 23 days to exceed Coca-Cola's (NYSE: KO - News) quarterly net income of $1.26 billion.
- Five weeks to exceed IBM's (NYSE: IBM - News) quarterly net income of $1.85 billion.
- 10 weeks to exceed Wal-Mart's (NYSE: WMT - News) quarterly net income of $3.9 billion.
For a 'dead' company, Microsoft's profits certainly look lively!