May 18, 2007

Microsoft releases Popfly, a Mashup Tool

Reading Andrew's blog and found interesting news.

Robert Scoble

When I first saw this demoed a few months ago the Microsoftie who showed it to me literally built TwitterVision in two minutes right in front of me without writing code. TwitterVision’s inventor told me he took four hours to do the same thing. Lets someone who isn’t a coder (like me) mashup various Web services easily and quickly.

Source: Microsoft Releases Popfly Mashup Tool | WebProNews

Find out more here:

http://www.popfly.ms/

My favorite bit from the FAQ page:

Q: Why did you call it Popfly?

A: Well, left to our own devices we would have called "Microsoft Visual Mashup Creator Express, May 2007 Community Tech Preview Internet Edition," but instead we asked some folks for help and they suggested some cool names and we all liked Popfly.

Still Popfly is closed beta, you have to tell them that you are interested and they will send you an invitation when your login is ready. I have done that, what are you waiting for!! Do that, at least you will be able to see what Microsoft Silverlight can do !!

Stay tuned.. Wave